Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Peace

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid." (John 14:27 NRSV)
I have had an incredible peace since late last week when I discovered the news about my wife, Debbie's, job. She did go find out that the worst scenario is that she must take one more course that is six weeks and doesn't end until mid September. She would be changed to substitute status, pay dropped substantially, and would lose benefits for that period of time. Our whole family is covered under her health insurance.
She has a number of advocates working for her to keep this from happening, but no matter what happens, God will carry us through this (even with one child moving and just starting college and the other returning for a second year, but in apartment living). God is good! God is great! Let us thank God for God's grace! Ultimate matters are not at risk here, only temporary setbacks and challenges.
How has God delivered you from times such as these?
Dr. Fitz

No comments: