Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last night we met at the island schoolhouse for a community event and fundraiser for the lifeboats (lifeboats are completely funded by donation only). Teenagers played Celtic and original Scottish music! I will upload a sample onto my Facebook page when possible! This was a high moment in all of my travels to Scotland, Ireland and England! Today we gathered for worship together at the Kirk at 11:30 a.m. The pastor, Gavin Hunter, speaks lovingly and authentically straight from the heart. Michael and Teenie Harcus allowed Daynette to assist in all of the worship music and then Daynette sang a solo, He Knows My Name, just before I preached. The worship today included the other church on Westray, The Church of Scotland. Attendance was spectacular and there was great fellowship afterwards! We now go to meet with the director of CE (Christian Endeavor) and plan out the kickoff for this weeks thematic Bible focus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm envious of your worship experience. BTW, Dr. Bender did a wonderful job Sunday AM...taught me to be more flexible especially when it comes to ministry opportunities that might otherwise be an interruption.