Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm tired...


That is what I hear from some individuals in the hospital when they have just had all they can take. Sometimes, after extending their lives far beyond what their length of life would have been, they just say, "Enough! I'm tired!"

This week has been tiring for me! Our three ministers, Richard, Barry and Sharon are out of town and our administrative secretary was out Monday, and Friday is her last day with us. We have received close to 100 resumes that I have to sort through, teach Wednesday morning and night, prepare a sermon for Sunday, visit the ill and infirmed, and be spunky for my family when at home (my wife found out that she is one course short of required course load to stay a teacher in NC public education system & there is no course offered between now and deadline -- meaning she has one more paycheck!). I'm tired right now. Does this sound like whining? Perhaps! Sometimes we pastors need prayer too! I encourage you to pray for Richard, Sharon, Barry and me, as well as our support staff here at First Baptist.

I am most blessed to have this awesome calling and to be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses and faithful, obedient servants. I pray for you! Here's a picture of some of our group while in Germany. Some of them have not been able to sleep more than a couple of hours each night, and they have been there for four nights now!

Steve

No comments: